Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Turf Paradise and Starbucks


I'm curious about Phoenix.  There are so many things that I thought only existed in the movies.  And then there's Starbucks.

My photo adventure yesterday took me to Turf Paradise, a horse track at 19th Avenue and Bell Road.  I will go back another day when there are races.  It's a fascinating dichotomy (or trichotomy if you will.)  Lush turf and desert mountains in the background.  A 1940's, Humphrey Bogart setting, but in color.   And a sense of exclusivity married to the impoverished mindset of the poor-tax called gambling.






Ivy makes everything seem cool.  A/C makes everything actually cool.


Where "four" art thou?








Starbucks waiting for AK and TJ.  Even chairs look better in the golden hour.



I

No comments:

Post a Comment